Questions to expect during an international school job interview
What can you expect to be asked during your school interview? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions by international school Headteachers and recruiters during an interview:
- Why do you want to work with us and what do you think you can contribute to the school?
- What challenges are you looking for in a position?
- What do you know about the country and how do you plan to help yourself adapt to life in this region?
- Describe a great lesson you taught recently and how you encourage great learning?
- Describe your ideal classroom?
- How do you cater for different abilities / learning styles and for children who are second or third language learners?
- How do you deal with conflict (parents, students, teachers)?
- How could you contribute to professional development in our school?
- What do you know about our school and how do you think you will fit in with our learning community?
- What do you think the main challenges will be for you teaching in a different country and how will you adapt your teaching to an international context?
Whatever the question, always answer honestly and from your own perspective. Experienced interviewers will immediately recognise a stock answer.