Executive Cluster School Director in Vietnam
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st February, 2018
Closing date: 25th October, 2017
This international school in Vietnam is looking for an experienced Executive Cluster School Director to start in February 2018. The successful candidate will be responsible for opening a new school site, which will then be given a cluster. The position is to start no later than March 2018.
- Fully qualified teacher status with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- Must have experience and knowledge of school start-up requirements.
- Must be degree educated.
- At least 10 years leadership experience in Whole School, ideally some in an international setting.
- Must have in depth knowledge of the Cambridge Education K-12 curricula and qualifications.
- Must have experience of achieving results by working with senior leaders of organisations not under your direct control.
About the School
This international school in Vietnam pursues the vision of “Being a growing school group of excellence”. The school provides students with a solid foundation by delivering a harmonious combination of the Vietnamese National and the Cambridge International education programmes, preparing them to be successful in life and higher education whilst preserving Vietnamese values.
Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, this school is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, the school is offering educational services to more than 6,300 students from K through 12 at 7 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
The school has been authorized by international examinations boards to deliver international exams on site. This enables students to obtain international qualifications without going through intermediary organizations. In particular:
- VAS is recognized as a Cambridge School by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). CIE is a leading organization that provides a variety of education programs and qualifications for international students from 5 to 19 years old. Students sit for Cambridge Checkpoints, IGCSE, and A Level within the formal curriculum of the school.
- ICDL Test Delivery Center, authorized by ICDL International. Students can also achieve international ICT certificates, namely ICDL Starter and Full License, as part of the school’s curriculum.
- IELTS Test Delivery Center, approved by the British Council, IDP Education and Cambridge University, the center is based at the school. This allows students to take IELTS General Training and Academic IELTS within their mainstream school programs.
Classrooms, functional rooms such as Music rooms, Art rooms, Studios, Gyms and laboratories are designed specifically to suit students and are equipped with high-end professional teaching aids and laboratory equipment. Students are allowed access to the library, Multimedia labs and computer rooms, which have high-speed Internet connection.
The modern and well-equipped libraries with a large amount of reference books for all subjects can satisfy demands for reference materials from teachers and students. In particular, English materials for the Cambridge International Programme as well as the library management system are provided by Follett, a leading provider of library materials and management in the world.
The school is among Ho Chi Minh City’s first educational institutions to set high standards for school facilities, for the purpose of offering greater comfort for students’ learning and recreational activities.
The campuses are located in the central districts, making it convenient and time-saving for parents to take their children. In addition, the school organizes a professional school bus service for students to support parents with an efficient and safe means of transportation.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org