Head of School in Spain
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 7th January, 2019
Closing date: 14th May, 2018
This International School in Spain is seeking a Head of School to join them in August 2018/ January 2019. The successful applicant should be an outstanding leader to build on the success and excellent reputation of the School and to take the School to its next phase of development and cement its place as the school of first choice in its market.
- A good degree from a leading university.
- A formal teaching qualification and at least ten years teaching experience.
Skills and experience
- Strong leadership experience with ability and proven experience in management at senior leadership team level.
- Experience of overseas teaching or of teaching international students.
- Experience in and a passion for leading learning-focused schools.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of financial management, including the management of significant budgets.
- Experience of and passion for student recruitment initiatives and admissions processes.
- Demonstrable success in leading and motivating people to achieve and exceed strategic objectives.
- Experience of curriculum and learning data management and timetabling.
About the School
This vibrant international school located near Alicante in Spain is a co-educational school that caters for children from the ages of 2 to 18 years. A new Junior school has just been finished and in September 2018 the Secondary school will be opening a brand new campus.
The school boasts mountain and valley views, which change dramatically during the different seasons. The climate is perfect for outdoor pursuits and sporting activities.
The school has impressive facilities including: science laboratories, electronic music studio, dance studio, ICT suites, art room, textiles room, food science kitchen, library, media studies suite, gymnasium, 25 metre heated swimming pool, hard court games areas, theatre and cafeteria.
Class sizes are small enabling individual attention and there is support for children with certain learning difficulties. Traditional values are at the core of this school with emphasis placed on self-respect. Students are nurtured in a caring manner and encouraged to develop and realise their full potential.
A wide range of extra-curricular activities are also offered, including; gymnastics, swimming, soccer, volleyball, karate, tennis, performing arts, as well as a full programme for younger children. Sporting competition is also encouraged at all levels.
Students follow the British Curriculum strengthened by the opportunity to also study the Spanish Curriculum.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org