Principal in Mexico
Region: North America
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st December, 2022
Closing date: 31st August, 2022
This international school in the Mayan Riviera is seeking an experienced Principal, Headteacher or Senior Leader to start in January 2023. This is an exceptional opportunity for an intelligent, ambitious, and energetic Senior Leader, to impact and shape the delivery of international education at a high-quality education establishment. In the role of Principal, you will be responsible for working with the Orbital Leadership team and local stakeholders to drive the strategic direction of the school, in addition to overseeing the operational leadership of the senior leaders in the school.
- Fully qualified teacher status with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- A proven track record of achievement in senior leadership positions at all-through schools (4-18 years).
- Substantial experience of working in a multi-lingual multi-cultural setting.
- A passion and a drive for excellence at all levels and developing teachers so that they deliver quality teaching and learning experiences for their students.
- The ability to lead change and achieve sustained improvements through engagement with stakeholders and working collaboratively with colleagues towards the achievement of common goals.
- Fluency in Spanish and English are essential for this role.
Please note that candidates unable to demonstrate the key criteria outlined above will not be considered for this post.
About the School
This international school is Ecuador's only truly British international school and offers a broad and balanced curriculum, aimed at ensuring that individual students achieve their potential, in academic and beyond. The curriculum celebrates our students’ diversity, promoting their social, cultural, emotional, aesthetic and physical development.
The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools. They are licensed and accredited by the Ecuadorian Ministry of Education.
The school is located in the beautiful Cumbaya valley to the East of Quito and 20 minutes from the airport. The Early Years, Primary and Secondary sections are all on one campus, which has rich local flora and fauna – hummingbirds are daily visitors to most areas. The school has an ICT lab, science laboratories, art and music facilities, a cafeteria, playgrounds, swimming pool and a sports field. They have a central library with an auditorium area for assemblies and productions.
For further information or to apply please contact email@example.com