Head of Secondary in Indonesia
Level: Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Start date: 1st August, 2020
Closing date: 10th December, 2019
This international school in Jakarta is looking for an experienced Head of Secondary to start in August 2020. The Head of Secondary is responsible for the strategic leadership and operational management of the Secondary School, and is accountable to the Principal for delivering the highest standards of education and pastoral care. The Head of Secondary is also a member of the whole school leadership team (Board of Executive) and will be expected to work closely with the Principal, the Board of Governors and staff to contribute towards the continued success and ongoing strategic development of the school.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as Head of Secondary School
- Hold a Master’s degree in Education (any subject)
- Hold PGCE in a Secondary School Subject
- Certificate of NPQH or equivalent
- An evidenced track record of successful senior leadership experience;
- Proven experience of leading and developing high performing teams with a clear commitment to the continuing professional development of all colleagues;
- Significant experience of raising standards with measurable outcomes, and clear evidence of a positive personal contribution to a school in the pursuit of excellence;
- A strong track record of curriculum development (International Baccalaureate & IGCSE) and a clear commitment to innovation in teaching and learning.
About the School
This international school with British heritage, is for children from around the world aged three to 18. They are located 7km south-west of Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia, on a spacious,18-hectare estate. The school was founded in 1974 with support from the British Embassy to educate the British and Commonwealth families living in Jakarta.
The curriculum is compatible with both British and International education systems, which allows students to have a truly multi-layered learning experience, from inquiry based learning in Primary and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), through to Key Stage 3, (i)GCSE’s and the IB Diploma programme, where their results in both are consistently above the world average.
The current campus was opened in part by their Royal Britannic Highnesses Prince Edward and Prince Andrew. Its architectural style gives tribute to Indonesian heritage, while also prioritising the needs of the modern-day learner.
There are dedicated areas for Primary, Secondary and specialist studies, such as Languages and Performing Arts. Their theatre complex includes two stages, a dance studio, and rehearsal and make up rooms.
The school is also one of the best-resourced schools in Asia for sport. They have five tennis courts; extensive grass and artificial playing fields; covered areas for games; and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. Their Sports Centre contains courts for basketball, volleyball and badminton; a gym and weights room; and a dance studio.
For further information or to apply please contact email@example.com