Primary Deputy Head Pastoral in Egypt
Level: Ages 4-11 / Primary
Start date: 1st August, 2020
Closing date: 24th February, 2020
This international school in Cairo is looking for an experienced Primary Deputy Head Pastoral to start in August 2020. The Deputy Headteacher (pastoral), under the direction of the headteacher, will lead the whole school safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children and staff within the primary school, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
- Fully qualified teacher status with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- Proven successful experience in Middle Leadership and school improvement.
- Previous successful DSL leadership experience.
- Advanced Level 3 Child Protection Trained.
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- Experience of the PYP / IPC programme or other inquiry based curriculum.
- An understanding of excellence in pastoral care, including a thorough knowledge of safeguarding and student welfare.
- Rigorous quality assurance procedures of teaching for learning.
- Excellent ability to use data to impact on learning.Excellent communication skills to summarise and articulate complicated information to a wide audience including parents, governors, staff and children.
- An excellent team player with a good understanding of teamwork and how it contributes to school improvement.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues and to motivate a large team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
About the School
Originally founded in 1978 this international school based in New Cairo is a non-selective, non-denominational international school serving Cairo’s international community (Nursery to Year 13). This is a truly international school community with more than 60 nationalities represented in its student population.
The school follow the Primary Years Programme (PYP). The Dutch stream, which is an integral part of the school history and culture, also bases their curriculum on the PYP but modify it where necessary. In Key Stage 3 and 4 they offer the English National Curriculum. Senior students have the opportunity to take the IB Diploma.
The campus has excellent facilities, with the British primary and Dutch schools sharing one building, which has its own dedicated library, home economics room and digital media centre. The secondary school occupies two buildings. The school has a dedicated Arts Centre which accommodates our Music, Drama and Art departments, each of which are located in close vicinity to the school auditorium.
Their PE department is located next to the sports facilities, which include a sports pitch, a heated six lane 25m swimming pool as well as hard court areas. The school has plans to begin construction of a dedicated multi-level sports gymnasium and fitness centre.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org