My new year’s resolution – find my dream job in six steps!
Start your search for an international school job today
Sounds like an impossible dream but it’s not that hard! Here’s how in six simple steps:
1. Don’t wait for New Years! Take action now as most international schools will be recruiting in January, February and March. To make sure you have the best range of job options available to you, make sure your CV or resume is up to date.
2. Then register for free with TIC. We will guide you all the way to find the right job for you - in the right school and in the right country. All this support is totally free; TIC gets paid by the school, and only if a placement is a successful one.
3. During the holidays, while you have time, read the TIC blog. It has loads of advice about choosing where to teach and answers many of your questions such as: Am I qualified enough? What sorts of teachers do international schools want? Where are international schools located? The TIC Teachers Interviews section also shares some great stories and advice directly from teachers who are already working overseas.
4. Also, check out the TIC Vacancies page. This will give you ideas on the types of jobs already available and the types of teachers international schools are looking for.
5. Make sure all your documentation is current so that you’re not in a panic when it’s required.
6. And take advantage of all TIC’s experience. TIC’s Managing Director, Andrew Wigford, was an international school teacher and headteacher for many years and he personally knows many international school headteachers. Not only that but TIC will be celebrating 10 years of providing specialist international school recruitment expertise this coming February. That means we have 10 years of recruiting teachers and leaders, and supporting people through the entire recruitment process. As a result, we know the challenges, the concerns, the opportunities and – importantly – the reputable schools. So get in touch and we will help you every step of the way.