English Teachers in Uzbekistan
Subject: English / Drama
Level: Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Start date: 5th August, 2019
Closing date: 26th July, 2019
The Presidential School Uzbekistan are looking for multiple fully qualified English teachers (with the ability to teach some Drama) to start in August 2019. Subject teachers are based in schools teaching students from grades 5 to 11 (ages 11-16), teaching, coaching and developing resources with existing school staff to support and improve student attainment, with a particular focus on meeting the needs of gifted and talented students.
About the School
If you're looking for a teaching job in Uzbekistan then you'll be interested in hearing about the Presidential Schools.
President Schools are the innovative boarding schools for the gifted children of Uzbekistan aged 11 – 16 (grades 5 – 11) and the schools are due to open in 2019 in Tashkent, Nukus, Namangan and Khiva.
President Schools are the boarding schools where pupils reside 5 days a week Monday to Friday and are allowed to visit homes at weekends. They use a STEAM approach to learning and IGCSE curriculum. There are 12 students per class and every foreign teacher will be team teaching with a local teacher.
Salary and benefits
- 1 year contract with possibility of extending
- Base salary of $3250 per month for a teacher with less than 10 years experience
- Salary of $3500 per month for a teacher with 10+ years experience and/ or a Masters Degree
- Additional $250 per month for a ‘lead teacher’
- 48 days holiday per year. Teachers may take a Christmas break in winter as well but the total number of vacation days should not exceed 48 days. The vacation period is paid.
- Airfare - The ministry covers up to 2 two way tickets for a teacher and members of his/her family - one when they arrive in the country and when the contract is over and another one for a vacation break.
- Health Insurance - the ministry provides a health insurance from a local provider for a teacher and a member of family
- Start Date - 1st of September. However, teachers should come beginning of Aug (by 5th Aug) as it takes about 2 weeks to get all the necessary documents ready i.e. apply for the work permit, do medical check up etc. We are also planning to run induction training (about 2 weeks) for foreign teachers between 5 - 25 August.
About the country
Located in the heart of Central Asia, Uzbekistan is one of the most prosperous countries in the region. It has a rich and diverse cultural heritage, thanks to the wide mix of ethnic groups that have populated it for centuries. The country has fascinating history and many touristic attractions. Several of Uzbekistan’s ancient cities, such as Samarkand, were important trading hubs on what was once known as the Silk Road.
For further information or to apply please contact email@example.com
If you wish to apply for multiple vacancies please only contact one consultant about all positions. If you are also already speaking with a consultant, please express your interests in other vacancies to the same consultant.