Director of Residential Life in Thailand
Subject: House Master
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st August, 2021
Closing date: 1st December, 2020
This international school in Thailand is looking for an experienced Director of Residential Life to start in August 2021. The Director of Residential Life is directly responsible for both the daily and long-term organisation, management and - most importantly - leadership of the Boarding House programme.
- 3 - 5+ years of experience working with students aged 12+ in a residential environment is preferred with knowledge of the:organisational and operational practices appropriate to the position
- organisational and operational practices appropriate to the position
- growth and development of adolescents and young adults
- legal requirements for the supervision of students
- 2+ years of formal leadership experience is preferred; demonstrable positive impact is a must
- A proven ability to develop and lead talented staff is required
- A degree and professional teaching qualification is essential for applicants that will be teaching
- International driving licence is essential; First Aid and CPR qualifications are desirable
About the School
This independent international school in Phuket, Thailand, provides Nursery - Grade 12 education encompassing academics, social and emotional learning and mindfulness, service, outdoor education and activities. The school uses the IB Primary Years Programme for both early childhood (Nursery, Preschool and Kindergarten), and primary school (grades 1–5), the IB Middle Years Programme for grades 6–10, and the IB Diploma Programme for grades 11–12.
The school sits nestled in the foothills of Phuket’s green-capped mountains, away from the island’s busy city centres. Their unique location is both symbolic and intentional; a physical reminder that in addition to academic rigour, the community values global citizenship, wellness, and environmental stewardship.
The school is accredited by a number of leading educational organisations the world over. These include CIS, the IB and EARCOS. In order to maintain its accreditation, the school regularly partakes in evaluation visits.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org