Mathematics Teachers in Sri Lanka
Country: Sri Lanka
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st August, 2019
Closing date: 1st May, 2019
This education group are looking for Mathematics teachers (covering Primary and Secondary) to move out to Sri Lanka to lead the academic team at their office in Colombo. They deliver 1-to-1 Mathematics to UK primary school students (>40,000 so far) over the internet, delivered by expert Mathematics tutors in Sri Lanka. They currently have 5 teachers at the Colombo office and are looking to hire more. The start date is flexible, anytime between now and September 2019.
- Fully qualified teacher status with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Willing to commit to a 2 year contract.
- Working full time based out of Colombo Office.
- Work a combination of local business and UK shift times as required.
What you’ll love about them:
- Our Values are at the heart of all we do: Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Innovation & Excellence
- Attractive salary with relocation package (previous role-holders have been able to save a significant proportion of their salary, whilst enjoying a very high quality of life in Sri Lanka)
- Time & budget for self-learning
- 40 days holiday inc. normal public holidays in England & Wales and when the office is closed
- Work-related travel to India and UK
- You’ll be living in Sri Lanka: “endless beaches, timeless ruins, welcoming people, oodles of elephants, rolling surf, cheap prices, fun trains, famous tea and flavourful food..” Lonely Planet.
"What have previous post-holders gone on to do? One now holds a senior position in their London head office. One is in a school leadership position. Another is working in the Cabinet Office."
About the School
This Education group are a team of Mathematics teachers and technologists working to ensure every child has the opportunity to succeed in Maths.
They believe that the key to success in Maths is confidence, and that confidence comes from asking questions, receiving feedback and exploring ideas. Yet, in a class of thirty it can be hard to provide this kind of support for the pupils who need it most, and 1-to-1 teaching has traditionally been difficult and expensive to organise.
They’re helping to change this.
They’ve built technology for schools which provides access to personalised teaching through an interactive online classroom. They connect pupils with specialist Maths tutors who give pupils the opportunity to question and discuss concepts in Maths, building their confidence and understanding for the long term.
Since they started their mission in 2012, they’ve delivered half a million online lessons to over 45,000 pupils in thousands of schools.
But their work doesn’t stop just because a pupil has made progress. They record and analyse each lesson to improve and adapt at scale for greatest impact. Plus, regular feedback from pupils and teachers is constantly helping to shape their online classroom and make our intervention as robust and effective as possible.
For further information or to apply please contact email@example.com
If you wish to apply for multiple vacancies please only contact one consultant about all positions. If you are also already speaking with a consultant, please express your interests in other vacancies to the same consultant.