Principal in Nigeria
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st January, 2022
Closing date: 27th September, 2021
This international school in Nigeria is seeking to appoint a Principal from January 2022 to replace the incumbent Principal, who will be retiring after six years at the school.
- Bachelor’s degree and Qualified Teacher Status.
- Master’s degree in Education or NPQH (desirable but not essential).
- Recent knowledge and experience of the UK curriculum.
- Understanding of strategies for school improvement.
- Understanding of the use of data and target setting in raising standards.
- Evidence of recent and relevant Continuous Professional Development.
- Excellent manager, able to lead a large and diverse management team.
- Able to communicate effectively with parents and other stakeholders.
- A commitment to holistic education.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, growth and development.
- A good role model who is hard-working and highly motivated.
- Marketing experience with an international school will be a strong advantage.
- Ability to adapt to working in an unfamiliar different cultural environment.
- Willingness to live for long periods on site in a remote location.
About the School
This international school in Nigeria is a learning community committed to academic excellence, nurturing each child to their full potential in a safe and serene environment, developing leaders for the dynamic global society in the 21st century. The school has capacity for 600 students with an average of 20 per class and it situated across 60 acres.
It follows the West African Examination Council (WAEC) curriculum and the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) curriculum. The school present students for Basic Education Curriculum Examination at the end of Year 9 (JSS 3). The students also sit for West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) at the end of Year 12 (SS3). Students that sit for IGCSE have opportunity to earn the International Certificate of Education (ICE) at distinction, merit or pass level.
In both national and international curricula, the school seeks to develop in each student a mastery of the skills of communication and learning, and strives to achieve internationally recognised standards of excellence.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org