Head of Academy in Kenya
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st August, 2019
Closing date: 1st May, 2019
This international school in Mombasa is seeking to appoint an innovative and inspirational Head of Academy who will be required to work in a fast paced environment with proven and effective leadership and management skills. Evidence of a strategic approach and philosophy to raising the status of a school and its academic, pastoral, sporting and co-curricular standards is required. Flexibility and an understanding of issues facing schools in developing countries plus resilience and a sense of humour will be key characteristics. The successful candidate will have international school experience and a strong track-record in enhancing development in these areas. He/She will lead the Senior Leadership Team and be accountable to the School Board of Governance.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Proven track record of success as a Director of Academics.
- Prior experience of working in an International (IB/Cambridge/Edexcel) curriculum-based school
- Graduate degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in Education or Educational Management.
- Post Graduate degree (Masters/PhD or equivalent) in Education or Educational Management or any relevant field.
- National Professional Qualification for Headship, or international equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Prior international school experience, preferably in a developing country
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking, and written communication within and outside the school community
- Experience of working in a developing country or a challenging environment
- Prior experience managing a school with 3-18 years education programs.
- Financial acumen and budgeting experience (an advantage)
- Experience working collaboratively with School Board(s)
- Experience working in all levels of education.
- Knowledge of or experience with the 21 st Century Curriculum.
- Evidence of ability to recruit, develop and build a purposeful faculty.
- Public/community relations experience.
- Experience with school building projects and the opening a new facility.
About the School
This international school in Mombasa is a welcoming friendly school with vibrant learning space, incorporating the latest technology to engage and inspire students. The school's diversity creates a stimulating environment enhancing each child's experience and social skills. At the school, parents are valued partners in their child's education.
The teachers welcome the involvement of parents which enriches the learning experience of the children. The parents are encouraged to actively participate in the activities of the school and to also make valued input into the school's success.
The environment at the the school is collaborative in all aspects and has a strong community feel. Students are immersed in a respectful and mindful environment with many activities to support the development of these traits as they strive to nurture and develop the whole child.
The strong co-curricular programme with diverse activities further supports this goal. The sports programme focuses on developing skills and a passion for a healthy and balanced lifestyle while paving the way for participation in competitive sports. The school provides high quality education from the ages of 3 to 18 and follows the UK Curriculum (IGCSE, AS; A Levels).
For further information or to apply please contact email@example.com