Education Program Coordinator in Indonesia
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st August, 2019
Closing date: 26th March, 2019
This school in Indonesia is looking for an experienced Education Program Coordinator to start in August 2019.
The Foundation is currently seeking an education professional with a passion for philanthropy to fill the position of Education Program Coordinator.
The SHF curriculum currently includes following classes: English, Life Skills, Permaculture, Front Office, Food & Beverage, Culinary, Housekeeping and Spa. Their sixty students (18-22 years) have classes from Monday to Saturday.
Students stay on campus full-time and so does most of our staff.
- Propose and lead the roll-out of a holistic, student-centric teaching approach. We love out of the box thinking!
- Manage a team of teachers and ensure a coherent teaching methodology across teachers and topics.
- Build a curriculum structure that enables our curriculum to easily evolve and expand and to be shared
- Ensure a student-centric approach that respects the cultural identity, vulnerabilities and challenges of our students
- Build a comprehensive (residential)program for our students in which both classes and balanced extra-curricular activities contribute to the progress of our students
- Animate a weekly teacher meeting and keep close and individual contact with our students
- Strengthen the SHF project by working hand in hand with the Head of Foundation, the Hotel Director and the teachers towards the SHF end goals
- Experienced in coordinating educational programs, be it in a hospitality or a school environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a team and build/maintain a value-driven organizational culture
- Proven ability to work in a resource-constrained environment
- Positive energy, hardworking and high adaptability
- Teamwork, collaboration, and active participation in school life
- Affinity with SHF’s core values of environmental awareness, community empowerment, and education
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia
- Experience of working with volunteers or temporary staff
- Experience working in a developing country
Terms & Conditions of Service:
- Contracts are for 18 months with an initial probationary period of 3 months
- Net monthly salary of $1,000.00 USD
- Full Medical Insurance
- Sponsorship for a KITAS visa, valid for one year and extendable
- Travel allowance of $2,000
- Room and Board on campus (3 Meals per Day), Weekly Laundry and Housekeeping Service
- 30 paid working days annually, plus Indonesian public holidays. Up to 15 days paid sick leave per annum
About the School
The Sumba Hospitality Foundation has built a self-sufficient hotel school and permaculture farm, situated on the island of Sumba. They provide vocational education for underprivileged high school graduates between the ages of 17 and 23 years old.
The campus is built entirely from bamboo and encompasses full boarding facilities for students and teachers, open-air classrooms, a fully equipped professional kitchen and a small eco-resort, all powered by solar energy.
The varied curriculum focusses not only on hospitality training, but also includes sustainable tourism, environmental awareness, permaculture farming and personal development. The students are given the opportunity to finish their one year program with an internship at a Five star hotel or restaurant.
Besides their educational program and internship, acceptance to our school includes full boarding, meals and healthcare.
Please send your application to email@example.com and attach CV and motivation letter.