Founding Principal (Head of School) in India
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st July, 2022
Closing date: 29th April, 2021
This international school in Kolkata is looking for a founding Principal to start in July 2022. The Principal will provide leadership and administration which will motivate instructional and support personnel to strive for superior performance so as to provide the best possible opportunities for student growth and development, both educationally and personally. He/she will be responsible for securing affiliations with IB, IGCSE & such other Boards as may be applicable.
- Vision and Leadership
- Strategy and Planning
- Academic Leadership
- Staff Management and Development
- Community Building
- Co-ordination with all stakeholders
About the School
Building on the success of technology institutions, this global business group in India with over a 200-year history, is founding a new school for primary and secondary education to open in 2023. This co-educational international day school (K-12) will be located in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Conceived and designed to be a beacon for innovation, the school will reflect best teaching practice in international education teaching methodology, enhanced by the construction of a world class campus. The Group intends to set its own benchmark of excellence in international education in India, by offering the best state of the art facilities, recruiting the most inspiring faculty, and providing a stimulating learning environment.
Please write to Gemma McSweeney, Associate Director at TIC Recruitment who is handling the vacancy on behalf of the school. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• A letter of application, no more than 2 sides of A4
• A brief CV summarizing educational and professional accomplishments.
• Contact details for three professional referees who can be contacted.
Your letter should address the following as a minimum:
• The challenge of founding a new school and post covid-19 challenges
• The role of AI in teaching and learning
• Marketing and promoting a new school
• The Head’s leadership role