iGCSE / A Level English Teacher in China
Level: Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Start date: 1st January, 2021
Closing date: 29th September, 2020
This international school in Guangzhou is looking for an experienced iGCSE / A Level English teacher to start in January 2021.
- Fully qualified teacher status with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
About the School
This British International School based in China is in its eight year and in this time has grown from a small Early Years unit to a school of 500+ students from Pre-Nursery to A-level.
The school is a member of The Federation of British International Schools in South East Asia and Asia (FOBISSEA), accredited by the University of Cambridge Examination board, registered with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority in the UK and fully licensed by the Chinese authorities. The school follows the English National Curriculum, which is one of three main internationally recognised curricula. As of September 2011 the school currently has 500 students. Students are all non-Chinese (PRC) passport holders coming from over 35 nationalities.
The Early Years campus is located opposite Guangzhou's serene South Lake within the safe and secure international Lakefront residential compound. The school and play facilities are specifically designed for children aged 1 to 5, offering an invitingly calm place for children to develop as they are introduced to school life.
Providing the perfect environment to inspire older students each day, two larger buildings to facilitate Primary and Secondary students (aged 6 to 18) are located directly on the shores of Guangzhou’s South Lake.
Contemporary age-specific play, sports and performing arts facilities are easily accessible from each building, with the South Lake location giving all at the school time away from city congestion.
- Open airy classrooms easily accommodate maximum class sizes (20 in Primary & 24 in Secondary) with large internal and external windows a feature of the school. All learning areas are connected to each other and the outside world through a state-of-the-art wireless network. Interactive whiteboards are used on a daily basis.
- Age-appropriate play and sports facilities are provided on both campuses. These are improved on each year to ensure our children are challenged as they stay active.
- Performing Arts are an important part of school life. Each child has the opportunity to take part with all students under the age of 12 receiving a part in a major production each year.
- Offering leadership, teamwork, individual achievement and non-competitive disciplines, sport is a crucial part of developing character and is central to their curriculum.
- A 1-to-1 information technology programme has been growing momentum at the school since 2011 with an age-appropriate Apple computing device given to each student aged 9+ at no extra costs to parents. In addition, banks of Windows PCs and other IT devices are available, offering students exposure to all popular platforms. Teachers have embraced this programme with the clear goal of making sure all students are highly computer-literate while ensuring more traditional skills are in no way detracted from.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for multiple vacancies please only contact one consultant about all positions. If you are also already speaking with a consultant, please express your interests in other vacancies to the same consultant.