Deputy Headteacher (Academic) in Chile
Region: South America
Level: Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Start date: 1st June, 2019
Closing date: 30th May, 2019
This international school in Chile is looking for an experienced Deputy Headteacher (Academic) to start in June 2019. The Deputy Head leads the Academic Team consisting of 3 x Heads of Studies (Junior, Middle, Senior School), Heads of Department and Primary School Subject Coordinators. It is a senior position in the school, deputising for the Head in his absence. A great opportunity for an experienced leader, to join a team of friendly and like minded individuals.
- Fully qualified teacher status with an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of the IB curriculum (PYP-MYP-DP)
- At least 3 years experience in Senior Leadership
- Needs of South American local curriculum and combining this with an international mindset and programme
- Outstanding classroom practitioner with experience of leading and developing staff
- Good spoken and written Spanish and English
- Committed, resilient and patient leader
- Experience of international schools and the development and improvement of academic programmes
- Timetabling for staff
About the School
The school was founded in 1942 and throughout the years has built its reputation for excellence on a foundation of developing the whole child alongside exceptional academics although it is a non selective school. The “St John's Experience,” as they like to call it, brings out the very best in their students, enabling them to grow, thrive and develop. More than half of their graduates leave the school with the International Baccalaureate diploma as well as the traditional Chilean High School diploma. Indeed, the graduates are well-prepared for college and beyond.
This school is an IB World School which offers the PYP, MYP and DP Curriculum, alongside the Chilean national Curriculum and PSU examinations.
Their 900+ students come from over 60 countries and pursue a rigorous academic curriculum that includes an emphasis on development in the athletics and the arts.
For further information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org