Design Teacher in Bermuda
Region: North America
Subject: Design Technology
Level: Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Start date: 1st September, 2019
Closing date: 25th April, 2019
This international school in Bermuda is looking for an experienced Design teacher to start in September 2019. The ability to teach both Digital and Product Design is an advantage, also a strong background in systems and controls (robotics).
Essential Vacancy Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in relevant subject
- Professional education designation B. Ed or PGCE
- A minimum of five-years teaching experience in Secondary-level courses (ages 11-18)
- Experience teaching IB MYP-DP and/or UK Key Stage 4-5 (IB DP preferred)
- A proven record of successful student results in IGCSE, MYP, A Level, AP and/or DP
- The ability to prepare samples of student work for external moderation
- Experience preparing students for externally assessed examinations
- A passion for curriculum and assessment design
About the School
This school in Bermuda was founded as a Montessori school for ages 3-12 years in 1991 by a dynamic group of parents. The IB Middle Years Programme was established in the school in 2005. It's described by visitors as welcoming and warm with a sense of energy and innovation. People are familiar with one another and demonstrate a positive regard for others.
Please click here to watch a short video which will give you a better feel for the school.
- Montessori 3-6yrs
- Montessori 6-9yrs
- Upper Elementary 9-11yrs
- Middle Years IB 11-16yrs
455 total (126 in MYP, 242 in Elementary, 87 in Preschool)
The school offer the below Student Leadership programmes:
Student Government for the middle years,
Student Council for the elementary,
Students are also offered foreign travel, exchange trips and a variety of special interest clubs.
Teachers and Staff
There are around 50 teachers and 14 administrators working under the Principal and the self-perpetuating Board with 15 members.
Fully equipped science labs, fully accessible high speed internet access on over 180 computers available for student use, library, art room, gymnasium, full size soccer field, baseball/softball diamond and immediate access to squash courts.
For further information or to apply please contact email@example.com
If you wish to apply for multiple vacancies please only contact one consultant about all positions. If you are also already speaking with a consultant, please express your interests in other vacancies to the same consultant.