Thank you for your interest in the Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools, Kazakhstan. You have been directed to the website of TIC Recruitment; we provide a personalised, reliable and responsive recruitment and training service tailored specifically to international schools, teachers and leaders worldwide.
Below you will see details of current vacancies at NIS, Kazakhstan. Via this page, you can also download relevant job descriptions/ specifications and the detailed applicant information pack.
If you have any questions regarding NIS or the recruitment process please do not hesitate to contact Amy Bardsley:
Tel: +(0) 2920 212083
About Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools
We are delighted to be working with the Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools (NIS) in Kazakhstan for the 7th year running.
We have successfully recruited around 160 experienced teachers over the years. At the bottom of this page you can read feedback from these teachers and view video interviews with the Director of TIC, Andrew Wigford, during his trip to Astana in 2014.
Named after the president of the country, Nursultan Nazarbayev, the NIS schools were intended to change the way education was delivered to gifted and talented secondary (high school) aged children. It was the President's wish to develop a fundamentally new way of educating the future intellectual elite of the nation.
Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools (NIS) are a part of a wider programme of educational reform, which includes the establishment of Nazarbayev University, the Centre for Educational Excellence and further initiatives to focus on teacher training and development.
TIC Director Andrew outside of NIS Kokshetau
The Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools are state funded and very selective, aiming to educate the future intellectual elite of this prosperous and highly literate country.
The senior management staff at NIS Kokshetau
Class size never exceeds 24 students. Depending on the subject the class is divided into 2 groups which means that the teachers will be working with max 12 students in a group.
NIS provide a fully comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes an excellent salary, accommodation, medical cover etc. Details of the package are downloadable below (via the information pack).
English Teacher at NIS Pavlodar who has renewed his contract for a 2nd year
"Teaching at NIS has been a phenominal journey. The students are thirsty of knowledge that i feel like i always need to give more. I would say that the happiest moments of my life in Kazakhstan are those moments spent in the classroom with eager and responsible learners."
The schools are currently in the major cities such as Astana, Uralsk, Semey, Kokshetau, Ust-Kamenogorsk, Taldykorgan, Shymkent, Karaganda, Aktobe, Taraz, Atyrau, Kyzylorda, Pavlodar, Almaty, Petropavlovsk, Aktau and Kostanay.
Refer a teacher to TIC
TIC Recruitment is always looking for new, talented teachers who are potentially interested in teaching in Kazakhstan. And who better to point them in our direction than you?
If you know teachers as talented as you, who would consider a one year well-paid ($5000 per month) contract teaching gifted students and mentoring local teachers in the unique country of Kazakhstan, then please ask them to get in touch with Daniella. Daniella works specifically with our schools in Kazakhstan and will be able to help: email@example.com. Alternatively, please let Daniella know their name and contact details and she will write to them.
If we find them a job at one of the Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools (NIS) we will say a big thank you by sending you £75 worth of Amazon or iTunes vouchers - it's your choice! All you need to do, to make sure you receive your vouchers, is ensure that the teacher you recommend quotes your name to us.
And it doesn’t need to stop at one person and one referral. We are always interested in talking to great teachers about our great overseas opportunities.
Terms and conditions
1. In order to qualify for the referral scheme it must be stated, before the candidate is interviewed by one of our NIS schools, that they are a referred candidate
2. This offer does not include candidates that are already registered with TIC Recruitment (i.e. they are already on our database)
3. This referral scheme is currently only in relation to our Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools in Kazakhstan, we are currently not accepting referrals for any other schools
Currently no vacancies
Please only apply for teaching posts that have been advertised and only if you meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree in a specific educational sphere with relevant teaching qualifications (diploma, post graduate certificate)
- At least 3 years teaching experience since qualification, however for some subjects they are accepting applications with less years experience
- MUST be a mother tongue English speaker with high levels of English proficiency, both written and oral
- Experience of working with EAL students
- Experience of working in an international setting
- Experience in innovative practices and modern methods of teaching
- Flexible, adaptable and open-minded
In order to apply please complete the short application form by clicking on the vacancy above.
Please also make sure you download the relevant information pack and/ or job description in the 'related downloads' section below.
We will contact references for all candidates who reach the initial shortlisting stage - if you would not like us to request references please specify this in the initial email. Unless good reasons to the contrary, references should always include your current and previous Head teacher/ Principal.
Interviews will take place via Skype on a rolling basis - therefore early applications are encouraged.
We look forward to receiving your application and thank you once again for your interest in the Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools.
If you have any specific questions please contact Amy on +44 (0) 2920 212083 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the school directly at this stage, thank you.
- NIS candidate information pack 2017-18 (.pdf format, 9 MB)
- International Teacher Job Description (.docx format, 30 KB)
- Andrew Wigford, Director of TIC, documented his visit to Astana back in 2012 (.pdf format, 827 KB)
- Quotes and Pictures from Teachers already working at NIS. (.pdf format, 8 MB)
- Kazakhstan Newsletter April 2013 (.pdf format, 2 MB)
- Good Teacher magazine article (.pdf format, 932 KB)
- Teach in Kazakhstan (.pdf format, 5 MB)
Taken by A Wigford from TIC Recruitment.
An IB Art teacher talking about his experiences teaching in Kazakhstan.
An English teacher from NIS, Kazakhstan talks about living and working in Kazakhstan.
Nazarbayev Intellectual school of Astana
For more information visit www.ticrecruitment.com and let TIC Recruitment help you find your next great International teaching position
The main activity of the Centre for Educational Programmes consists in developing of Integrated educational and subject programmes, in light of the best national and international educational practice, as well as providing scientific and methodolog
Film about Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools