Graduate Learning Assistant Programme
TIC Recruitment is excited to announce the new collaboration with International Schools Partnership (ISP) supporting Language Graduates and helping them secure teaching assistant positions at international schools in Spain, Mexico and Costa Rica.
The main purpose of the GLA is to work as a full time member of support staff at the School, assisting in day to day teaching and learning of the children under the direction and supervision of a fully qualified teacher. The GLA will be asked to help and support the teaching, learning and development of children and provide extracurricular activity support.
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum B2 level in Spanish
- ESL skills are a bonus
- The successful GLA does NOT need to be a fully qualified teacher
- To provide English support to children with reading, writing, aural and oral on an individual, class and/or small group basis
- To provide classroom support in the school
- To help develop programmes of learning activities and to adapt appropriate materials
- To introduce UK contemporary culture through classroom and extra-curricular activities
- To motivate and encourage pupils
- To provide extra help to children where needed
- To attend school events as reasonably requested by the Head teacher
- To assist with school events, trips and activities throughout the week and occasionally on a weekend
- To attend meetings and reviews
- To assist with marking and correcting work
- To assist with marketing initiatives at school, ISP and student recruitment campaigns.
- To provide occasional cover for illness for classes taught in English as reasonably requested by the Head teacher
A GLA will Not:
- Be expected to teach a full class on his/her own.
- Conduct more ‘guardia’ or school duties than a regular learning assistant.
- Assume the duties of a qualified teacher (design exam papers, mark essays etc.)
If you are interested in applying please contact Leisha email@example.com for further information.
We look forward to hearing from you!