Thank you for your interest in Harrow International School Hong Kong. You have been directed to the website of TIC Recruitment & Training; we provide a personalised, reliable and responsive recruitment and training service tailored specifically to international schools and teachers worldwide. We handle all applications and recruitment for the Harrow International Schools.
Below you will see details of current positions at the Harrow International School of Hong Kong. You can download any relevant job descriptions, information packs and apply for any position via the online application form.
About Harrow International School Hong Kong
Harrow International School Hong Kong is the first international boarding and day school in Hong Kong. It is the third school in the Harrow family of schools in the Asia region and provides a British independent style of education from Early Years to Year 13 in custom-built facilities in a stunning physical location in Hong Kong. The School combines elements of educational philosophy, practice and traditions from Harrow School in London with the international mindedness of a diverse student body in Hong Kong.
Having opened in September 2012, the School roll is now 1030 and further expansion will continue to take place over the next few years.
Harrow International School Hong Kong occupies a spectacular site on the Gold Coast in the New Territories near Tuen Mun. The Lower School includes Early Years (K1 and K2) and the Pre-Prep School (Years 1-5). The Upper School consists of the Prep School (Years 6-8), the Senior School (Years 9-11) and the Sixth Form (Years 12-13). Up to half of the places in the Upper School are for boarding, either weekly or full. There are currently three Prep School Houses for boys, three Prep Houses for girls, four Senior School Houses for boys and three Senior Houses for girls.
The School’s vision statement, Leadership for a better world, underpins what happens in the classroom, in extra-curricular activities and pastoral care in the School. Collectively, we aim to develop in our students the desire and skills to make a positive difference through people to the communities in which they live. The School combines elements of educational philosophy, practice and traditions from Harrow School in London with the international mindedness of a diverse student body in Hong Kong.
Photographs of Harrow International School Hong Kong
|Subject:||Level:||Start date:||Closing date of applications:|
|Upper School: Teacher of French or Spanish||Ages 11-18 / Secondary||20th August, 2015||8th January, 2015|
Please only apply if you meet the following requirements (for teaching positions):
- Appropriate teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, BEd).
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant subject in a western university or a university with a western curriculum (except MFL teachers who can have a degree from their country of origin but must have a minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience in a western country or in a western curriculum in an international school).
- The ability and commitment to be excellent classroom teachers, usually with a minimum of three years’ teaching experience.
- A strong commitment to high academic standards.
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of children.
- Interests and abilities that can enhance the School’s extra-curricular programme.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent administrative, organisational, and IT skills.
- The ability to inspire others and lead by example, role modelling the School’s vision statement Leadership for a better world in relationships with students, teachers and parents.
In order to formally apply for a position please click on the relevant vacancy (above) and complete the online application form. Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automated email to confirm receipt. Please make sure you upload your CV into the appropriate section and include your supporting statement.
We will contact references for all candidates who reach the initial shortlisting stage - if you would not like us to request references please specify this on the application form. We regret we are unable to accept applications via email at this time.
Please also make sure you download the relevant information pack and/or job description in the 'related downloads' section below.
Applying for multiple positions
If you would like to apply for multiple positions you will need to formally do so. Please select the second position you would like to apply for and click 'apply for this role' - this will then prompt you to answer the following queston: 'have you previously filled in an on-line application form for Harrow International Schools or saved a draft for this vacancy' - please click 'yes' and make sure you select 'copy content from your latest application'. Please then input your email address and password accordingly. This will then load your previously completed form and you can amend accordingly. You can repeat this process for any number of vacancies you wish to apply for.
If you have any problems please download the 'applying for multiple positions' document or get in touch.
The closing date is Saturday 29th November 2014 or as listed next to each individual vacancy. Early applications are encouraged.
- Skype interviews will take place on Monday 8th - Friday 12th of December and Tuesday 6th - Friday 9th January 2015
- Interviews in Hong Kong will be held on Tuesday 6th - Friday 9th January 2015
- Interviews in London will take place from Monday 12th - Friday 16th January 2015
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening.
We look forward to receiving your application and thank you once again for your interest in the Harrow International School of Hong Kong.
If you have any specific questions please call Recruitment Manager, Gemma McSweeney on +44 (0) 2920 212083. Please do not contact the school directly at this stage.
- Information for Candidates November. 2014 (.pdf format, 7 MB)
- Head of Chinese Studies job description (.pdf format, 400 KB)
- HISHK - Life in pictures (.pdf format, 8 MB)
- How to apply for multiple positions (.pdf format, 266 KB)
- Head of Geography job description (.pdf format, 399 KB)
- Head of Mathematics job description (.pdf format, 398 KB)
- Individual Needs Coordinator job description (.pdf format, 427 KB)
- Lower School/Pre-Prep Class Teacher job description (.pdf format, 397 KB)
- Teacher of Mathematics job description (.pdf format, 420 KB)
- Teacher of History job description (.pdf format, 419 KB)
- Teacher of English job description (.pdf format, 419 KB)
- Teacher of Chinese job description (.pdf format, 419 KB)
- Lower School Music Specialist job description (.pdf format, 404 KB)
- Lower School/Pre-Prep Year Leader job description (.pdf format, 395 KB)
- Senior House Mistress job description (.pdf format, 412 KB)
- Early Years Class Teacher job description (.pdf format, 399 KB)
- Teacher of French or Spanish job description (.pdf format, 420 KB)