Thank you for your interest in Harrow International School Hong Kong. You have been directed to the website of TIC Recruitment & Training; we provide a personalised, reliable and responsive recruitment and training service tailored specifically to international schools and teachers worldwide. We handle all applications and recruitment for the Harrow International Schools.
Below you will see details of jobs at the Harrow International School of Hong Kong. You can download any relevant job descriptions, an information pack and an application form.
About Harrow International School Hong Kong
Harrow International School Hong Kong is the first international boarding and day school in Hong Kong. It is the third school in the Harrow family of schools in the Asia region and provides a British independent style of education from Early Years to Year 13 in custom-built facilities in a stunning physical location in Hong Kong. The School combines elements of educational philosophy, practice and traditions from Harrow School in London with the international mindedness of a diverse student body in Hong Kong.
Having opened in September 2012 with 750 students, the School roll is now 915 and further expansion will continue to take place over the next few years. Opportunities for August 2014 exist in the Upper School (Y6-Y13) and Lower School (Y1-Y5) for fully qualified teachers, who are committed to the Harrow emphasis on academic excellence, extra-curricular activities, pastoral care and leadership.
The quality of relationships and community life, and the personal formation of character are fundamental to the life of Harrow International School. Boarding, the heart of life at Harrow, is also integral to the life of their students in Hong Kong. From Year 6 when students enter the Upper School, pastoral care is centered on the boarding houses: all full boarders, weekly boarders and day students are members of a House.
They work hard at establishing strong bonds within the communities of their Houses and the School. Above all, they aim to ensure their students are happy, secure and valued. It is important to realise that they are looking for students with the aptitude, ability and personality to make the most of the opportunities at Harrow International. And through their scholarships scheme, they are looking to attract outstanding students who have the potential to act as significant leaders in academic work, cultural activity and sport in the School, irrespective of their parents’ financial circumstances.
Photographs of Harrow International School Hong Kong
Currently no vacancies
Please only apply if you meet the following requirements (for teaching positions):
- Appropriate teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, BEd).
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant subject in a western university or a university with a western curriculum (except MFL teachers who can have a degree from their country of origin but must have a minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience in a western country or in a western curriculum in an international school).
- The ability and commitment to be excellent classroom teachers, usually with a minimum of three years’ teaching experience.
- A strong commitment to high academic standards.
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of children.
- Interests and abilities that can enhance the School’s extra-curricular programme.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent administrative, organisational, and IT skills.
- The ability to inspire others and lead by example, role modelling the School’s vision statement Leadership for a better world in relationships with students, teachers and parents.
In order to formally apply for a position please click on the relevant vacancy (above) and complete the online application form. Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automated email to confirm receipt. Please make sure you upload your CV into the appropriate section and include your supporting statement.
We will contact references for all candidates who reach the initial shortlisting stage - if you would not like us to request references please specify this on the application form. We regret we are unable to accept applications via email at this time.
Please also make sure you download the relevant information pack and/ or job description in the 'related downloads' section below.
Applying for multiple positions
If you would like to apply for multiple positions you will need to formally do so. Please select the second position you would like to apply for and click 'apply for this role' - this will then prompt you to answer the following queston: 'have you previously filled in an on-line application form for Harrow International Schools or saved a draft for this vacancy' - please click 'yes' and make sure you select 'copy content from your latest application'. Please then input your email address and password accordingly. This will then load your previously completed form and you can amend accordingly. You can repeat this process for any number of vacancies you wish to apply for.
If you have any problems please download the 'applying for multiple positions' document or get in touch.
The closing date is Thursday 15th May 2014. Early applications are encouraged.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening.
We look forward to receiving your application and thank you once again for your interest in the Harrow International School of Hong Kong.
If you have any specific questions please call Gemma McSweeney on +44 (0) 2920 212083. Please do not contact the school directly at this stage.
- Information for Candidates (.pdf format, 5 MB)
- Director of Music job description (.pdf format, 399 KB)
- Director of Music additional information (.pdf format, 388 KB)
- Head of MFL job description (.pdf format, 396 KB)
- MFL additional information (.pdf format, 382 KB)
- Teacher of French job description (.pdf format, 398 KB)
- How to apply for multiple positions (.pdf format, 266 KB)
- Amy Bardsley, Recruitment Consultant, talks about the importance of references
- Andrew Wigford discusses international school interviews
- Andrew Wigford interviews a teaching couple about life in an International School
- The FAQs about International Teaching
- Gemma explains how to better prepare your CV for international teaching jobs